Bevier-Elting House, Huguenot Street, New Paltz        -Photo Copyright E.Elting
HOME CONTACT SHOP SITE MAP
Join Us! Newsletter

Family Association | The Bevier Family | The Elting Family | Huguenot Street

 
Our Family Association The Bevier Family The Elting Family
The Bevier-Elting Family Association was formed to assist the Huguenot Historical Society in maintaining the Bevier-Elting House, and to continue the genealogical research of both families.

more...

Louis Bevier may have joined the group of twelve Patentees in 1677. He and his wife and family settled in New Paltz in 1678. The Bevier homestead was first rented, and later sold, to the Elting(e) family.

more...

Josiah Eltinge, the grandson of Jan and Jacomyntje Eltinge, purchased the house in 1760. His descendants lived in the house until donating it to the Huguenot Historical Society in 1963. 

more...

Huguenot Street

Huguenot Street, a National Historic Landmark, is the site of a collection of colonial and early National period stone houses owned and operated as historic house museums by the Huguenot Historical Society of New Paltz, New York. The village was founded in 1677 by twelve French Protestant families who fled political and religious persecution in northern France. Eleven of the families moved to the area following the purchase of nearly 40,000 acres along the Wallkill River from the Esopus Indians. 

more...

Google
 

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.

 

Copyright 1997-2014 Elting Web Design
Absolutely no reproduction of images without written consent. Contact: Webmaster with requests.


All selections by
Barry Taylor
Return to top of page